Looking for a youthful glowing skin? Here is a must try “Argan Oil” it is a growing trend recently, gaining popularity on the market. Though, some of us may not still be familiar about it, but I guess it got it all.
“Argan oil” also known as “golden liquid” “gold oil”, basically came from the kernel of Argan Tree or Argania which is much found in Morocco. The tree usually grows for about 8-10 meters and can live for about 150-200 years. Because of the increasing threat of market demand and the rising population of goats, it has been highly cultivated in Morocco and its forest became a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
The mountain goats of Morocco called as the Tamri Goat, literally climbs and feeds up on the fruits of the Argan tree. The goats definitely play a big role in the production of the argan oil, since their droppings are the source of the seeds. Usually, it is being picked from their droppings. After the pulp has been removed the nut is being crushed by using stones in order to get the kernel, then the kernel is being roasted and using a traditional grinding stone. It is so adorable to know that it is crafted with passion and hard work of the Moroccan women.
Contains powerful anti-aging and anti-oxidants as:
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol – an anti-radical agent, prevents cellular aging, decreases inflammation to the capillary walls, nourishes the cell.
- Squalene– can penetrate deeply into the skin and deactivates free radicals
- Sterols (Phytosterols)- provides excellent moisture retention, works as an anti-aging by improving cell metabolism and by reducing cell inflammation
- Ferulic Acid– prevents skin damage caused by exposure to UV lights
- Polyphenols– contains antiseptic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergenic, and anti-aging properties that are beneficial to the skin
- Carotenoids– promotes healthy skin and inhibits the development of cancer cells
- Prostaglandin– acts as an anti-inflammatory and plays a big role in overall cell growth and development.
- Essential Fatty Acid- improves cell repair, regulates healthy skin and prevents premature aging.
- As a facial moisturizer, wash your face first to remove dirt, put on your toner then drop some oil to your hands spread it evenly to your face, it would make your skin appear radiant.
- You can also use it as a hand, body oil or even apply it to your cuticle.
- As a treatment for dry and frizzy hair
There are actually tons of uses for Argan oil, enlisted herewith are the most common ones aside from its culinary purposes.
Just purchased mine at Nature Republic, overall it is superb and can’t wait to make a review! I hope that you would try it too and drop some of your experiences below.
Would love to give credits to the owner of the pictures above.